Thursday, January 15, 2015

Playing Favorites

We recently had a mission wide conference where all 238 young missionaries and 10 senior missionaries got together. In the 18 months we have been here this was the first time we have all been together. It was so much fun.


At the end of each conference our tradition is to have the Elders and Sisters who will be going home before the next transfer share their final testimony with us. We had a group of 11 missionaries leaving just one week later and two more missionaries leaving in the next couple of weeks.


As the first Elder got up to share his testimony, I thought - Oh no, not Elder B. He's my favorite! He works so hard and really, really loves everyone. He can't go home. Then the next one got up and I thought - Oh no, not Elder C. He's my favorite. He has given his heart and soul to his service. He loves being a missionary. He can't go home! And so it continued with every Elder and Hermana that shared their testimony. We love every one of them so much and I wondered what I was going to do when they all went home at once. Then as I looked down into the faces of the other 225 missionaries I started seeing other favorites and soon realized that they were ALL my favorites!  Every single one of them! We have the best young missionaries and the best senior couples. We are so grateful for the blessing to serve here with each of them. 

No comments:

Post a Comment